Pay: $47,000 – $70,000 (Depending on Qualifications and Experience)
Location: Fort Morgan or Greeley, Colorado
Position: Full Time, Full Benefits
This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining the Bank’s fiscal recordkeeping system by utilizing generally accepted accounting principles, adhering to tax law and regulatory compliance to properly reflect the financial position of the Bank, and assists in attaining the established goals of the Bank.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages day-to-day accounting functions of the Bank. Accurately balances GL accounts.
- Handles monthly reconcilement and audit preparation of general ledger cash accounts.
- Responsible for all accrual and prepaid entries.
- Prepares and provides month and quarter end reports for financial reporting as assigned.
- Maintains the fixed asset and associated depreciation schedules on the Fixed Asset System
software for general journal entries; ensures proper recording of new purchases. Coordinates
the annual physical inventory for all branches. Prepares quarterly roll forwards.
- Reconciles month end reports, payoffs and adjustments with purchased loan servicers. Confirm month end interest rates and paid to dates have adjusted correctly and correct any errors prior
to month end. Prepare monthly purchased loan delinquents reports per servicer’s trial balance and provide to loan servicing and financial report. Reconciles daily and monthly reports and remits funds and reports to investors of sold loans within a specified time frame.
- Reviews daily system proofs and corrects any out of balance conditions or communicates with proper personnel indicating corrections that need to be made and system errors.
- Handles all accounts payable functions and processes, including dealing with vendors and writing checks as needed.
- Files and remits funds to the State on unclaimed property. Handles customer inquiries. Keeps current with any unclaimed property rules and regulations.
- Files reports for personal property taxes with various counties. Files periodic reports with the Colorado Secretary of State.
- Assists supervisor with month-end, quarter-end, and year-end activities.
- Reconciles Investment Portfolio monthly.
- Assists in preparation of quarterly call report.
- Monitors and prepares submissions to the Colorado Division of Regulatory Agencies per the Public Deposit Protection Act (PDPA).
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in accounting
- Experience working in a financial institution highly preferred
- 100% employer paid medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents
- Bank paid life insurance as well as short- and long-term disability coverage for employees
- Company matches up to 5% in 401K Plan
- Annual bonus plan
- Great Place to Work Certified
- 11 paid Bank Holidays
- Over 3 weeks of Paid Time Off for new employees
- Volunteer Paid Time Off Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to career training and development opportunities and other employee discounts
At FMS Bank, we are not your average bankers. We give generously to our local communities and are involved to improve the lives of our favorite customers: our neighbors. We are searching for folks that will be mission driven, collaborative, and highly motivated with a good work ethic and a desire to help people. FMS Bank is a locally managed independent bank striving to be recognized as one of the best places to work at in Colorado.
Apply Today, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.